Laura G. Brys’s practice primarily focuses on the representation of business and other entities in environmental and commercial litigation in both state and federal courts. Laura has represented clients from a broad range of industries, including mining/metals manufacturing, insurance, entertainment and healthcare.
This representation has included both common-law state claims and federal statutory causes of action, such as CERCLA contribution claims. Laura has wide-ranging experience in litigation, including, environmental, labor and employment, art, Prop 65 and complex business matters, at both the trial and appellate levels. Laura is admitted to practice before all courts in the state of California and various district and appellate courts throughout the United States.
While earning her law degree from the University of Southern California, Laura was awarded the Carl Mason Franklin Award for international law for her graduating class.
- Representation of reorganized ASARCO LLC in appeals and environmental litigation.
- Representation of various individuals in the recovery of Nazi-looted art.
- Defense of multi-national parent insurance company and a number of its subsidiaries in art litigation.
- Served as general counsel for a physical therapy services company with over 400 employees.
- Obtained disqualification of opposing counsel in securities litigation.
- University of Southern California, JD, 2005
- Johns Hopkins University, BA, 2002
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, MA, International Economics, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$