Laura Collins offers clients a wide range of civil litigation experience across multiple industries, including transportation and construction. Ms. Collins enjoys a diversified litigation practice with both local and national clients, who appreciate her ability to understand the economics of their industries and build relationships.
Ms. Collins regularly defends transportation and insurance companies in business disputes and personal injury litigation, and represents construction companies in the prosecution and defense of commercial disputes.
She manages all aspects of pre-litigation evidence collection, including coordinating experts and expert inspections, damages assessments, and asset retention, and helps with overall litigation strategy. She has been involved in matters reaching Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Texas, New Mexico, Ohio, and Maryland.
Her practice in general business-related litigation brings her to the forefront of conflicts on behalf of Federal government contractors, public and privately-held business entities, and individuals.
This includes breach of contract, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, fiduciary, and dissociation and dissolution actions. In business-related matters, she routinely secures advantageous settlements for local, national, and international clients seeking resolutions outside of trial.
Before joining the Firm, Ms. Collins clerked for United States Magistrate Judge Jane M. Virden in the Mississippi Delta. Ms. Collins is admitted to practice in Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas.
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, M.P.A., 2010
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 2010
- Alabama, 2016
- Texas, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Won judgment for a freight transportation company against an aviation manufacturer in action on multi-count complaint.
- Favorably settled action for the recovery of damages to a company asset of an international automotive supplier.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of a mechanical contractor in defense of a complaint for breach of contract, fraud, and conspiracy.
- On behalf of non-profit organization, obtained dismissal of allegations of Title VII misconduct under the Americans with Disabilities Act, defamation, interference with business relations, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Junior League of Birmingham
- Member – American Heart Association, Birmingham Young Leaders Board
- Member – Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Member – Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Life Member – Texas Exes (Alumni Association for The University of Texas at Austin)
Rate : $$$