Laura Marie Goldfarb focuses her practice in the areas of environmental, health, safety, and security, where she helps clients proactively participate in the development of state and federal environmental, health, and safety policies and appeals regulatory decisions of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection.
Prior to joining Steptoe & Johnson, Ms. Goldfarb was Assistant Counsel at the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection, where she represented the agency in a variety of matters relating to the state’s water quality and permitting program, and participated in the drafting of regulatory and statutory environmental provisions for the State of West Virginia. Ms. Goldfarb is a graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law.
She received her graduate degree in Environmental Studies from the College of Charleston and her undergraduate degree from West Virginia University. She is a member of the American Bar Association, West Virginia State Bar, Defense Research Institute and the Women’s Energy Network, as well as the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce.
- Represented oil and gas exploration and production companies, oil and gas midstream companies, manufacturers, power companies, coal companies, and various trade organizations in state and federal environmental enforcement and appeal proceedings focusing on air quality, water quality, and solid and hazardous waste compliance
- Wrote comment letters on behalf of various companies and trade organizations to proposed federal and state environmental rulemaking, permits, and policies
- J.D. University of South Carolina
- M.S. College of Charleston (Environmental Studies)
- B.S. West Virginia University
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia Manufacturers Association, Government Affairs Committee Member (2014-2015)
- Women’s Energy Network
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$