Laura P. Guzmán is an associate in Akerman’s Consumer Financial Services Practice Group. Laura represents a wide array of financial services companies in state and federal litigation, class actions, and investigations conducted by regulatory agencies and state attorneys general. She regularly defends financial services providers against individual and class claims brought pursuant to RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TCPA.
Additionally, Laura defends mortgage lenders, servicers, and other financial services providers against borrower complaints alleging violations of state statutes, wrongful foreclosures, and debt collection statutes.
- J.D., Florida International University College of Law, 2014, cum laude
- B.A., Stetson University, 2009, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional Experience :
- Honors Intern, United States Securities and Exchange Commission, 2013
- Intern, United States Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Ombudsman, 2007
Rate : $$$$