Among the top real estate dealmakers in the U.S., Pillsbury partner Laura E. Hannusch is a recognized authority in the area of real estate law. Laura’s practice encompasses real estate and general commercial transactions with a focus on complex real property purchases and sales, mortgage lending, leasing, joint ventures and other entity structures.
She represents buyers and sellers of office, industrial, alternative energy, retail and mixed-use properties throughout the U.S. Laura negotiates ground and space leases involving a variety of facility types, structures multi-layer joint ventures, and advises borrowers and lenders on real estate and mezzanine financings.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Crescent Real Estate Holdings in its $950 million sale of the 10-building Greenway Plaza, a deal Bisnow called “one of the biggest Houston commercial real estate transactions in years.”
- Represented private investment fund in joint venture with foreign equity funds manager involving sale of a partial ownership interest in a 2.2 million-square-foot, multistate office portfolio valued at more than $470 million.
- Negotiated transit-oriented ground leases for San Francisco’s Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) with multiple private and nonprofit developers.
- Laura has represented institutional lenders on numerous loans secured by California and Texas real property.
- Laura also represented borrowers in acquisition loans, construction loans, refinancings and loan modifications, including many securitized loans and loans secured by energy assets.
- She also has handled the real estate work for companies acquiring leaseholds and easement interests for renewable energy projects.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1987
- B.J., The University of Texas at Austin, 1984
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$