Laura C. Hurtado is a counsel in Pillsbury’s Litigation practice. She is a general litigator with experience working in areas including securities and antitrust law.
Laura also spent two years as an attorney at the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights focusing on homeless and immigrants’ rights litigation and policy advocacy, and worked as a legal intern for the ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project.
Before law school, Laura spent two years as a paralegal in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice—one year in the appellate practice section in Washington, DC, and the other in the litigation section of the San Francisco field office.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Served as a court-appointed special master in a matter pending before the Northern District of California regarding a fees dispute in an ERISA case.
- Represented a national fitness center chain in an unfair competition class action alleging a nationwide and California class. Negotiated a favorable confidential settlement on an individual basis and obtained dismissal.
- Represent a leading American manufacturer of capacitors in antitrust class actions pending in the Northern District of California alleging defendant manufacturers of capacitors conspired to fix prices.
- Represent a leading American manufacturer of inductors in an antitrust class action pending in the Northern District of California alleging defendant manufacturers of inductors conspired to fix prices.
- Represented former CEO of Hewlett Packard in Rule 10b-5 action. Obtained dismissal of client from securities litigation.
- Represented company in shareholder derivative and class action concerning proxy disclosure issues. The matter is currently pending.
- BASF Justice & Diversity Center (Board of Directors)
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association (Immediate Past President, Board of Directors)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers – Leadership Development Committee (Representative)
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights (Member)
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 2009
- B.A., History, Yale University, 2004
ADMISSIONS : California
COURTS : U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. William Alsup, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2011 – 2012.
Rate : $$$