Laura Jo Thacker has a strong legal background across the state of Florida. Before entering private practice, she served as the Osceola County Attorney for 13 years. As county attorney, she represented the county in all legal matters.
Ms. Thacker represents the interests of property owners in front of local governments throughout Central Florida, including Osceola and Orange Counties. She focuses her practice on real estate transactions, land-use and zoning issues, intergovernmental coordination and planning, and public finance.
She provides a wide variety of real estate services to clients, including handling negotiations, document preparation and closing acquisitions, title and survey matters, appraisal analysis, mediations and governmental coordination.
Ms. Thacker also advises public entity clients by providing overall program management assistance in addition to policies and procedures development from best practices garnered through advising many other public entity clients. She advises the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority on procurement matters.
Through her experience as County Attorney, Ms. Thacker gained strong and lasting relationships with county governments across the state and remains connected around Central Florida and throughout the state. She continues to work closely within Osceola County and serves in leadership roles in many civic and charitable organizations.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD
- University of Florida, BA
Admissions : Florida
- Represents clients in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties, land use entitlements, development of the properties, commercial leasing, and related transactions
- Represents institutional and non-institutional lenders in connection with the financing of sophisticated commercial and large residential transactions
- Regularly represents her developer clients in community development district creations and financings
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors, Kissimmee/Osceola County Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chairman, University of Florida Levin College of Law LCA Board of Trustees
- Osceola County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Education Foundation of Osceola County Charter Schools
- Vice Chairman, Community Leadership Council for the Howard Phillips Center for Children and Families
- Member, Reedy Creek Improvement District Planning Board
- Board of Directors, Osceola Regional Hospital
- Board of Directors, Experience Kissimmee
Rate : $$$