Laura Kelly is an associate in the Firm’s Chicago office and assists clients in complex civil litigation and international arbitration. She is a recipient of the Firm’s 2017 Robert L. Berner, Jr. Award of Excellence for her pro bono work. Prior to joining the Firm as a full-time associate, Laura externed at the US Citizenship & Immigration Services Office of the Chief Counsel.
While in law school, she also led the International Team Project to Argentina and Chile and served as executive editor for the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business.
Laura Kelly focuses her practice on commercial litigation and international arbitration, representing global companies in a diverse set of matters. She has drafted pre-trial and post-trial briefs, dispositive motions, motions in limine, direct- and cross-witness examinations, motions for protective orders and for injunctive relief, as well as various discovery documents.
Laura has managed discovery for clients and has taken the depositions of multiple witnesses in matters proceeding in state and federal court. She has also appeared before court in state and federal actions.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2015)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A. cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2016)
- Illinois~United States (2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Presented an oral argument on a motion for a protective order in a matter proceeding in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Represented an individual in a prisoner’s rights action before the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Assisted the lead counsel in an ICC arbitration based on a contract dispute.
- Assisted the lead counsel in various stages of a RICO claims suit.
- Advised foreign clients on US consumer product safety laws.
Rate : $$$