Laura KolesarGura defends health care providers in False Claims Act litigation brought by federal and state agencies and qui tam whistleblowers. Her civil fraud experience includes billing, coding, medical necessity, kickbacks, and documentation errors.
Laura also defends providers in government audits and appeals, including those initiated by UPICs, ZPICs, the OIG, and other government agencies. In addition, she provides advice on health care regulatory issues, including fraud and abuse analysis and compliance program development and implementation.
She also has been involved in Certificate of Need proceedings and assisted with health care due diligence reviews as part of acquisitions, focusing on fraud and abuse and other compliance concerns.
Laura has represented hospitals and health systems, urgent care centers, hospice and home health providers, clinical laboratories, medical device manufacturers and distributors, financial institutions, and private equity investors.
Her litigation experience includes managing discovery; taking and defending depositions; drafting dispositive motions; attending mediations, hearings, and trial; and drafting appellate briefs. Laura is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and has written on the False Claims Act and health care enforcement more generally.
She is a member of the Atlanta Office’s Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement committee, serves on the Executive Committee of the Williams College regional alumni association, and is a founding co-chair of the SCHR Ambassadors Leadership Council, a group of young professionals that supports the Southern Center for Human Rights.
- Northwestern University (J.D. cum laude 2013; Executive Editor, Northwestern University Law Review); Williams College (B.A. in Spanish 2006)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Great Elm Capital Group acquires Valley Healthcare Group and Northwest Medical for $63.6 million
- Brockway Moran sells portfolio company MD Now Holdings to Brentwood Associates
- Riverside sells Specialized Medical Services to Lincare Holdings, Inc.
- Staffing company voluntarily dismissed from False Claims Act case
- Physician-owned Ambulatory Surgery Center issued favorable reconsideration decision in Medicare overpayment appeal
- Pediatric Services of America defeats False Claims Act charges
- One Equity Partners portfolio company acquires Multicultural Home Care
- Canaccord Genuity and Cowen and Company underwrite $30 million public offering of Common Stock by Avinger
- Health care provider defends an Office of Inspector General audit of claims.
Rate : $$$$