Laura K. Lin is a litigation partner in the San Francisco office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Ms. Lin’s practice encompasses a range of business litigation matters, including contractual disputes and insurance coverage litigation. She also has a breadth of experience in intellectual property disputes, including claims brought under Copyright and Digital Millennium Copyright Acts and trade secret laws.
- Disney and Lucasfilm in a variety of copyright and trademark counseling matters. Ms. Lin represented these clients as plaintiffs in successfully securing a consent judgment requiring an online retailer to cease displaying and selling infringing products.
- GE Capital in defending actions by 16 competitors involving allegations of antitrust and RICO claims in Northern District of California relating to equipment leases.
- A Fortune 100 company in conducting an internal investigation in connection with allegations of potential fraud, regulatory violations and False Claims Act violations.
Ms. Lin also has served as counsel in multiple appeals. In April 2016, she argued an appeal involving a $1.9 million contractual dispute before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Ms. Lin serves on the board of directors of the National Center for Youth Law and on the advisory board of One Justice, a nonprofit legal advocacy organization that supports more than 100 other legal nonprofit organizations.
She chaired an office-wide campaign to support the local food bank for four consecutive years, fundraising approximately $290,000. Ms. Lin also volunteers with First Graduate, a San Francisco nonprofit aimed at helping students be the first person in their family to graduate from college, and various other community outreach programs focused on increasing access to educational and professional opportunities.
- UC Berkeley School of Law (J.D., 2009) Order of the Coif; California Law Review; Board of Advocates; Thelen, Marrin Writing prize for best student publication
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 2006); Walter H. Annenberg Prize recognizing leadership and service
Bar Admissions :
- New York
Rate : $$$$