Laura Bassett is an experienced public law and municipal finance attorney. As bond counsel, she advises municipalities, school districts and other governmental entities on tax-exempt and taxable financings, including debt issued in connection with intergovernmental and public-private collaborations and distressed government restructuring.
Laura’s public law experience includes advising clients on election and campaign finance laws, K-12 and charter school laws, open meeting matters, special assessment procedures and zoning regulations.
Laura also has significant experience with tax increment laws and procedures, including downtown development authorities and brownfield redevelopment authorities, and she has drafted governing documents, including intergovernmental agreements, bylaws and rules of procedure, for many types of public entities.
- Kalamazoo College, B.A., Art History, 1992
- University of Michigan,Ph.D., History of Art, 2003
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2008
- State Bar of Michigan, Government Law Section, Member
- Michigan Women in Finance, Board of Directors 2012-2017, Executive Committee 2014-2017
Rate : $$$$