Laura E. Peterson’s corporate practice covers mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, and general corporate governance and compliance matters. She has previous experience as in-house counsel for a small, publicly traded oil and gas company, where she handled general corporate governance, major asset sales and securities filings. This experience influences her client-focused approach and ability to understand client needs and concerns.
- Acted as in-house counsel on a variety of compliance matters and Securities and Exchange Commission filings. Completed contract drafting and negotiating.
- As corporate secretary at an E&P company, managed general board matters, including board and committee meeting coordination, drafting of meeting minutes, and organization of the annual shareholders meeting.
- Handled bankruptcy filing for an E&P company. Managed an immense due diligence undertaking and provided attorneys with court-ready information, which involved organizing and compiling information about the company and its history.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2012, Washington State Law Scholar
- B.A., Theology, Seattle Pacific University, 2007
Admissions : Colorado
Rate : $$$$