Laura S. Bauman is a partner in the Sarasota office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Laura handles a variety of commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, title defects, and lien foreclosures.
She has previous experience representing clients in transactional matters, including purchase and sale, leasing, customer contracting and construction projects. This background gives Laura a unique perspective when advising clients after a transaction has turned into a dispute.
Her practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate and construction, with extensive experience in examination of title issues and resolution of claims relating to competing property interests, survey and legal description challenges, extinguishing liens and encumbrances, and resolving construction contract and defect disputes.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Florida Land Title Association Member
- Claims Roundtable Participant, 2013 – Present
- American Land Title Association Title Counsel Committee Member, 2016 – Present
- Board and Governance Committee Member, Child Protection Center, 2013-2016
- Past President, Sarasota Seminole Club, 2011-2012
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004
- Blank-Miller Scholarship Recipient
- Graduate Student Senator, FSU Student Government
- Florida State University, B.A., Spanish, cum laude, 2001
- Florida State University Study Abroad Program, Spain
Rate : $$$