Laura Sack is co-leader of the firm’s East Coast Labor and Employment practice. She represents management in a wide variety of employment matters, including litigating cases before state and federal courts, representing clients before administrative agencies, designing and conducting employee training programs, conducting workplace investigations, and serving as trusted advisor and counselor to management in connection with personnel matters.
Highly regarded for her discretion and judgment, Laura regularly represents clients in highly publicized matters, including defending high-profile clients against particularly complex matters involving allegations of harassment and discrimination, and defending well-known entities in wage and hour disputes, including class and collective actions. Laura also conducts sensitive investigations into complaints of alleged wrongdoing by senior executives and others, often at the behest of the client’s Board of Directors and/or General Counsel.
Laura is consistently ranked in industry publications as a leading lawyer in her field. Chambers USA’s 2018 directory reports that Laura’s clients commend her as “above and beyond in responsiveness and ability to talk through situations in a down-to-earth and understandable language,” and say she is “incredibly smart, quick-witted, funny, and fearless.”
In June 2018, Laura was elected as a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, signifying that she has distinguished herself as an outstanding attorney who has made a sustained contribution to the practice area, and who meets the college’s high standards of integrity, professionalism and character. Laura is also a member of the American Employment Law Council, an invitation-only organization limited to the nation’s top labor and employment attorneys and in-house counsel.
Laura’s clients include some of the most prominent employers in media, publishing, financial services, retail, and marketing, as well as in the non-profit sector. She has also worked as in-house labor and employment counsel, and as a New York City public school teacher, and she applies the skills and sensitivities she developed in those settings for the benefit of her clients today.
- Shareholder, Chair of New York Labor and Employment Practice Group, Vedder Price, New York, N.Y., 2009-2014
- Senior Attorney, Human Resources Counsel, Witco Corporation, Greenwich, Connecticut, 1997-1998
- Partner, Kauff McClain & McGuire LLP, New York, N.Y., 1998-2009
- Law Clerk, Honorable Raymond J. Pettine, U.S. District Court Judge, Rhode Island District, 1991-1992
Professional & Community Activities:
- Member, Board of Directors, The Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law (New York Chapter)
- Past Member, Editorial Advisory Board of Employment Law 360
- Volunteer Team Leader, NY Cares
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1991
- A.B., Brown University, 1988, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$