Laura Sorscher is a seasoned transactional attorney with 25 years of experience in commercial real estate, financing and business contracting. Her practical approach to legal service is informed by her 14 years of in-house experience, as general counsel of a national financial services company and industrial loan bank, real estate counsel for a national retailer, and counsel for an internet startup.
Laura’s real estate practice includes commercial and residential acquisitions, sales, development, management, and leasing. She represents developers of shopping centers, retail, office, apartment and mixed-use projects, condominiums, low-income housing, and assisted living properties, as well as municipal entities in publicly owned or financed development projects.
Laura has documented and closed secured and unsecured credit facilities, construction and permanent loans, and conventional and government-assisted financings for borrowers and lenders. In addition, Laura has represented landlords and tenants from startups to Fortune 500 companies and national retail chains in retail, office, and warehouse leases.
Laura earned her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. She received her law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School where she was a member of the Guild Food Stamp Clinic Executive Board.
- Represented the owner of a regional shopping mall in connection with the contribution of the property to the operating partnership of a REIT. In exchange for the contribution, the owner acquiring limited partnership interests and cash, and the operating partnership assumed debt associated with the property.
- Represented a national parking facility operator and real estate developer in multiple secured financing transactions with regional and national lenders.
- Represented the City of Philadelphia in drafting and negotiating real estate documentation for the construction and financing of international and commuter terminals.
- Represented the owner in the acquisition of a multifamily apartment complex from a commercial lender and in the subsequent financing of the project by a different lender.
- Prepared a public offering statement and condominium documents for a 344-unit residential condominium complex.
- Represented the owners in the sale of parcels in a regional shopping mall to a major national department store chain for the construction of 125,000 sq. ft. anchor department store.
- Represented the developer in construction and permanent financing from the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) and New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA) for rehabilitation of a 91-unit low-income housing rental project.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1988
- University of Pennsylvania The Wharton School, B.S.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$