Laura Wagner helps clients navigate through complex commercial disputes. She strives to help her clients find business solutions to brewing disputes before they evolve into litigation, but, if an issue does enter the court system, she guides clients through initial pleadings and motions, multi-phase discovery, settlement negotiations and trial.
Laura has obtained pre-discovery dismissals for many of her clients facing daunting allegations, saving them the time and expense of litigation. For cases that do proceed to discovery, Laura helps her clients minimize the burden of complying with increasingly complex obligations and timelines while staking out the most advantageous position to put the client in the strongest position to resolve the case, whether through settlement or judgment.
Laura has obtained favorable litigation outcomes and settlements for clients facing technology service contract disputes, financial services litigation and class actions.
Laura joined the firm after serving as a law clerk to the Hon. Richard Smoak of the US District Court for the Northern District of Florida. In addition to her skillful representation of commercial clients, Laura focuses much attention on pro bono efforts to vindicate the constitutional rights of incarcerated individuals. For this work, in 2017 Laura was honored with the Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award.
Laura is admitted to practice in the Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Court of Appeals, US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Florida Supreme Court, Florida District Courts of Appeal, and US District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- JD, University of Florida, magna cum laude, 2012
- Master of Statistics, University of Florida, 2012
- BS, Statistics, University of Florida, with honors, 2008
- BA, Economics, University of Florida, with honors, 2008
- Defended Fortune 50 financial services company in suit by IT infrastructure provider alleging breach of a technology services outsourcing contract. Conducted fast-track discovery and obtained summary judgment for client on vast majority of issues, resulting in favorable settlement of the few remaining claims.
- Represent major manufacturing company in dispute with IT infrastructure provider regarding outsourced technology services. Case is currently in litigation.
- Have advised multiple Fortune 500 clients in confidential negotiations and dispute resolution procedures arising from IT infrastructure and technology services agreements.
- Represented electric power company in dispute with engineering/construction firm regarding construction of biomass-burning power plant. Obtained favorable settlement for client prior to trial.
- Member, Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Advisory Committee Member, Atlanta Legal Aid Society
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder Program
Rate : $$$