Laura Torre has represented clients in a broad range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint-ventures, financings and securities offerings. Additionally, Laura has significant experience in representing Latin American clients in various cross-border transactions.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2014
- Columbia University, B.A., 2011
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Represented Tencent in its $8.6 billion acquisition of a majority interest in Supercell.
- Advised Grupo P.I. Mabe, the leading producer of hygienic products in Mexico, on its sale to Ontex Group NV, a publicly listed company based in Belgium.
- Represented underwriters in a $121.6 million “bought deal” follow-on public offering by Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Represented underwriters in the registered public offering of $115,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 2.125% Senior Convertible Notes of Repligen Corporation.
- Represented the underwriters in the $76.8 million initial public offering by Cidara Therapeutics, Inc.
- Assisted counsel to Linzor Capital Partners, a Latin American private equity fund, in the merger of the retail operations of its portfolio company Moda en Distribución, S.A.P.I. de C.V., into Devlyn Holdings, S. de R.L. de C.V., to create Mexico’s largest eyewear retailer.
Pro Bono :
- Assisted victim of domestic violence in filing VAWA petition to secure her stay in the United States.
- Aided multiple domestic violence victims in their U-visa filings to secure their stay in the United States with their families and children.
- Aided domestic violence victim in obtaining an order of protection with non-profit organization Her Justice.
Memberships and Affiliations : New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$