Laura Turczanski’s practice consists of a broad range of employment litigation and advice and counseling on a variety of issues. Laura defends employers in connection with charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state civil rights agencies and helps employers of all sizes defend against a range of allegations including discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims.
Laura provides guidance to employers on compliance with the City of Seattle Labor Standards Ordinances, including minimum wage, paid sick leave, and secure scheduling. Laura counsels clients on issues relating to leave laws, pay equity, terminations, and reasonable accommodation and assists employers in creating and updating employment agreements, policies, and handbooks.
In addition to her employment litigation and counseling practice, Laura also provides support for employers engaged in labor arbitration and disputes. Prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Laura worked as both a law clerk and a judicial extern for the U.S. District Court in Western Washington.
Before beginning her legal career, Laura spent eight years in the human resources field, working in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, and organization development. She draws on this background to provide practical advice and counsel that is rooted in real-world experience.
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2013-2014
- Judicial Extern, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2013
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2012
- Administrative Assistant to Director of Human Resources and Organization Development, Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, Seattle, 2009-2013
- Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President of Employee Relations; 2008-2009; Executive Recruiting Coordinator, 2007-2008 – JPMorgan Chase (formerly Washington Mutual), Seattle
- Recruiting Coordinator, Bank of America, Seattle, 2006-2007
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2013, summa cum laude
- Executive Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- Secretary/Treasurer, Labor and Employment Law Association
- Presidential Law Scholarship
- Honorable Lloyd Shorett Scholarship
- CALI Awards: Property; Civil Procedure; Torts; Trusts and Estates; Business Entities; Legal Writing; Pretrial Advocacy
- B.S., Business Administration, B.A., International Relations, University of Southern California, 2004, cum laude
- Presidential Scholar
Rate : $$$