Laura Wassmuth specializes in health law with a focus on litigation. She represents hospitals, healthcare providers, and medical organizations in civil disputes throughout Colorado’s state judicial districts and federal district court, as well as before regulatory agencies and licensing boards.
Her areas of expertise include medical negligence claims, medical staff and credentialing proceedings, internal quality and peer review investigations, patient privacy and protected health information breach incidents, discovery of electronic medical records and retention practices, defense of civil rights claims involving public healthcare providers, guardianships in the healthcare setting, and employment and agency issues. Laura also works with entities providing skilled nursing, assisted living and long-term care.
Having represented hospitals and healthcare providers in professional negligence cases since 1999, Laura also represents individuals in patient privacy matters, civil rights disputes, general liability cases, and employment matters at both the administrative and federal district court levels. Additionally, she advises hospitals and healthcare institutions on patient safety and risk management issues, medical staffing, physician retention, and employment disputes.
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D.
- Washington University, B.A.
Admittances & Licenses :
- United States District Court for the District Court of Colorado
Associations & Memberships :
- Colorado Bar Association, Member and Legislative Policy Committee
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors and Public Policy Committee
- Colorado Healthcare Associated Risk Managers, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$