As leader of Schiff Hardin’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Group, Lauralyn G. Bengel is involved in all areas of establishing and maintaining qualified retirement and non-qualified employee benefit plans and arrangements, for both public and closely held companies.
Lauralyn provides her clients with strategically sound counsel on selecting, designing, implementing and managing employee benefit plans, arrangements and transactions that achieve their particular objectives. She is a trusted advisor to clients who value her legal acumen and deep understanding of their business needs.
Lauralyn concentrates much of her practice on executive compensation issues, including:
- Equity-based plans
- Deferred compensation and supplemental retirement plans
- Employment/severance/change in control agreements
- Compliance issues relating to executive compensation, including Code Sections 162(m) and 409A
- Proxy statement disclosure
- Securities law implications, including Section 16, Form 8-K disclosure requirements, registration issues, prospectus preparation and stock exchange requirements
Qualified Retirement and Health and Welfare Plans:
Lauralyn regularly assists clients with the day-to-day administration of their tax-qualified retirement plans and health and welfare plans. Her experience in this area includes:
- 401(k) compliance
- Employer stock as a plan investment option
- Defined benefit plan issues, including cash balance plans and plan terminations
- IRS and DOL corrective filings
- Determination letter applications
- Cafeteria plans
- Severance arrangements
Lauralyn is experienced in counseling clients with respect to employee benefit and executive compensation matters arising in connection with merger and acquisition transactions, spin-offs and financing transactions.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- DePauw University, B.A., 1983
- Chicago Bar Association, Employee Benefits Section, Tax Section
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
Rate : $$$$