Laurel Lockett practices in the areas of environmental law and commercial real estate. She has substantial experience with cleanup, purchase, sale and redevelopment of brownfields and other contaminated sites, including manuscripting of environmental insurance policies and other creative solutions to risk management, including risk based corrective action and alternative closure strategies.
She also has experience dealing with issues such as industrial and domestic wastewater, storage tank regulation, landfill, used oil, hazardous waste, and air permitting and regulation.
In addition her experience extends to the negotiation of consent orders and remediation plans associated with the cleanup of hazardous waste, petroleum, chlorinated solvents, and other contaminants with local, state, and federal environmental agencies, plus the negotiation and oversight of consulting contracts, and other environmental aspects of real estate and commercial transactions, including asbestos and indoor air quality issues, vapor intrusion, and lead based paint.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Smith College (B.A., with honors, 1977)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Association
- Liaison to Environmental Coordinating Committee (2012-2014) and Standing Committee on Environmental Law (2010-2011)
- Group Vice Chair, Environmental and Land Use Subcommittees (2006-present)
- Former Co-Chairman, Environmental Subcommittee
- Co-Chair, Direct Exposure Working Group, FDEP Contaminated Media Forum (2014)
- Florida Brownfield Association
- President (2015-present)
- Board of Director (2013-2104)
- Technical Committee Chair (2011-2013)
- Former Member and Chairman, Family Service Association of Greater Tampa, Inc., Board of Directors
Rate : $$$