Lauren Deeb is a commercial litigator focusing on complex business disputes in federal and state courts, as well as ADR settings and mediation. Ms. Deeb’s experience includes general contract disputes, partnership disputes, and fiduciary duty actions, franchisor/franchisee disputes, merger and acquisition litigation, trade secret misappropriation, government/regulatory and internal investigations, and trademark litigation.
Ms. Deeb represents companies and partnerships in a variety of industries including technology, pharmaceuticals, energy, high-tech manufacturing and distribution, banking, apparel, real estate, insurance, and construction. Ms. Deeb has also spent years building experience in electronic discovery and other document retention issues.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, magna cum laude (2004)
- University of California, Santa Barbara, BS (2000)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Represented an international law firm in a legal malpractice action in which the plaintiffs sought to recover more than $18 million in damages. The plaintiff’s claims were dismissed in their entirety on summary judgment and costs of suit were awarded to the firm. The case ultimately reached a favorable settlement for the client
- Tried a civil contempt case to verdict against the former CEO of a pharmaceutical company client. The award was the maximum fine permissible for 58 counts under California statute in Superior Court in San Diego
- Represented a conglomerate of banks in a dispute arising from a $100 million real estate deal. As part of the core trial team, conducted trial preparation. Obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a $100 million counterclaim at the pleading stage
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers Orange County, Orange County Chapter
- Family Justice Center, Board of Trustees
Rate : $$$