Lauren Dorsett concentrates her practice on commercial litigation, with an emphasis on bankruptcy and creditor rights. She represents businesses and individuals on a full range of legal issues arising in bankruptcy, including without limitation, fraudulent transfers, dischargeability of debt, claim objections, asset sales, and plan confirmation.
Lauren also counsels clients on issues related to contract disputes and secured loan transactions, both in federal and state court, and represents financial institutions in troubled loans and out-of-court workouts. Lauren previously worked as a law clerk for Judge Karen Overstreet in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington, and as an intern for the United States Trustee’s Office in Seattle.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Karen A. Overstreet, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2011-2014
- Summer Extern, United States Trustee’s Office, Seattle, 2009
- Legal Intern to In-House Counsel, Getty Images, Inc., Seattle, 2009
Professional & Community Activities:
- Creditor-Debtor Rights Section – Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2010, magna cum laude
- CALI Award, Advanced Electronic Legal Research
- Year-End Achievement Scholarship, 2009
- B.A., Political Science, Minor in Law, Societies and Justice, University of Washington, 2006
Rate : $$$