Lauren A. Jenkins focuses her practice on tax and estate planning, trust and estate administration, and tax compliance in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Ms. Jenkins represents individuals and families with creating and implementing estate plans to achieve their personal and financial objectives.
Such planning often includes drafting wills, revocable trusts, and powers of attorney, as well as more advanced estate planning to preserve wealth for future generations. Ms. Jenkins also has experience advising clients who require both domestic and international components to their estate plans.
Ms. Jenkins guides clients through the complexities and nuances of trust and estate administration. She advises fiduciaries with respect to their powers and responsibilities, including filing obligations under state and federal law.
Additionally, Ms. Jenkins represents beneficiaries who desire separate counsel to ensure their interests are protected and they receive their full entitlement.
Ms. Jenkins also represents clients before the IRS, including offers in compromise and voluntary disclosures to resolve noncompliance with respect to U.S. reporting obligations.
- Georgetown University, LL.M., Taxation
- Georgetown University, Certificate, Estate Planning
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Massachusetts Boston, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Trusts and Estates Section, Vice Chair
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
Rate : $$$