Lauren T. Attard focuses her practice on bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors’ rights. She has a depth of bankruptcy and capital markets experience from her position as Assistant General Counsel at the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) and working for Congressman Brad Sherman, a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, on financial services, tax and legal issues.
- Advised Congressman Sherman on all matters under the jurisdiction of the House of Financial Services Committee, including banking, securities and housing, as well as tax, intellectual property and environmental law.
- Drafted briefs and argued motions and appeals in all phases of litigation, including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, LLC.
- Lead counsel to SIPC as Trustee for Hudson Valley Capital Management.
- Drafted sample agreements and side-artist agreements for a major record label.
- Levine School of Music: Committee Member (2010 to 2014)
- Niagara Symphony Orchestra: Guest Soloist
- French Piano Institute in Paris: Classical Pianist
- New Paltz Festival, Piano Summer: Classical Pianist
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., McGill University (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), 2004
Admissions : New York, 2008, California, 2018
Rate : $$$$