Lauren Caplan represents clients in complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts, and at arbitration. Lauren’s practice focuses on oil and gas litigation, including operator disputes and royalty underpayment class actions. Lauren works closely with clients, experts, and consultants to develop winning strategies.
Often, this involves filing suit on behalf of her clients or pursuing counterclaims. She has achieved successful outcomes for her clients through dispositive motions, arbitration, appeals, and favorable settlements.
In addition to energy litigation, Lauren also defends clients in white collar matters, government investigations, and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Lauren worked as a legal intern for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the Office of Administrative Law Judges and for the U.S. Department of Justice in the Environment and Natural Resources Division.
Experience: Lauren assists clients at all stages of litigation, including:
- Drafting or responding to demand letters or subpoenas
- Expert witness preparations
- Pretrial preparation
- Settlement negotiation and drafting
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Skidmore College, B.A., 2007
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Bar Association, Member
- Holland & Hart Foundation, Compliance Officer
Rate : $$$