Lauren M. Collins creatively solves nuanced client problems, a skill first learned while working the front desk of a major Las Vegas hotel. Whether counseling startups or steering multi-million dollar corporate mergers and acquisitions, Lauren hears goals, ideas and challenges clients can’t always articulate.
Having worked at a major hotel, she took ownership of numerous guest challenges, listened for unspoken complications, then quickly and confidently offered solutions. She’s found these high-level customer service skills make for good legal response and strategy.
Lauren counsels companies on all aspects of transactional matters, which include the initial start-up phase, corporate governance, debt and equity financings, and mergers and acquisitions. Her work includes negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide variety of documents. Additionally she was a legal intern for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Lauren especially likes being part of a large national legal team that collaborates to find optimal solutions for clients.
- Drafting and negotiating primary and ancillary documents for investments – both company and investor side – and mergers and acquisitions.
- Performing due diligence research and data room management tasks and communicating with clients and other professionals to coordinate document disclosures as part of due diligence.
- Drafting and negotiating medical device intellectual property asset purchase with cash and stock consideration valued at $3M – seller side.
- Experience with analyzing shareholder vote requirements in merger with hostile shareholders.
- Drafting documents for newly created entities including stock option plans, non-compete agreements, consulting agreements, operating agreements and corporate governance documents.
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- B.A., University of Nevada-Las Vegas
Admissions : Colorado
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association—Business Law Section
Rate : $$$