Lauren Doughty is a Partner practicing in the Firm’s Trusts & Estates and Tax sections. Board certified in Estate Planning and Probate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, she has extensive expertise in estate planning, probate, trust and estate law, asset protection, transfer taxation and philanthropic planning.
She works with clients to implement sophisticated estate planning and asset protection planning techniques, including family limited partnerships, intentionally defective grantor trusts, grantor-retained annuity trusts, and private foundations.
Lauren also has extensive experience in the nonprofit sector and regularly advises clients on entity formation, governance, compliance and tax matters for charitable 501(c)(3) organizations.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Houston Estate and Financial Forum
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Business and Estate Planning Council
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Political Science and Psychology, magna cum laude, Rice University, 2003
Admissions : Texas, 2006
Rate : $$$