Lauren Morgan Fincher is a litigator with broad experience in government and administrative agency matters, regulatory compliance issues, and commercial litigation. She has represented companies in all phases of disputes, including internal investigations, civil investigative demands (CIDs), responding to government requests for information, agency audits, administrative hearings and appeals, and litigation through trial in both state and federal court.
Lauren has handled a variety of government investigations, enforcement matters and regulatory compliance issues. She has extensive experience in conducting internal investigations designed avoid or mitigate government action. She has guided clients through a variety of government investigations and agency audits.
She has advised clients on regulatory compliance matters and licensing issues. She has represented clients in Texas Attorney General matters including responding to CIDs, state agency administrative hearings, judicial appeals of government decisions, and district court litigation against government agencies.
Lauren has represented clients seeking public information from the government and protecting confidential information from public disclosure under the Public Information Act.
Lauren has also represented companies and individuals in state and federal court on various commercial matters involving breach of contract, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with contract, copyright and trademark infringement, and deceptive trade practices claims.
She defends financial institutions in consumer lawsuits, including mortgage lending and services practices, credit reporting practices, and fair debt collection matters.
- Conducted an extensive internal investigation of mortgage lending practices for a leading financial institution
- Represented a service contract provider in a Texas Attorney General investigation under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA)
- Represented a drug manufacturer in a Texas Department of State Health Services and Texas Attorney General joint investigation and regulatory enforcement matter related to the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA)
- Represented a manufacturer in a service contract regulatory enforcement matter with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Represented insurance companies in regulatory inquiries and enforcement matters with the Texas Department of Insurance
- Represented wireless telecommunications company in lawsuit brought by software development company for breach of contract and trade secret misappropriation
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP (2018-Present)
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP (2010-2017)
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Nathan L. Hecht, Texas Supreme Court (August 2009-August 2010)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions :
- Young Lawyers’ Division Liaison to the ABA Section of State and Local Government Law State Attorneys General and Department of Justice Issues Committee
- Publications Committee Member, ABA Section of State and Local Government Law State Attorneys General and Department of Justice Issues Committee
- Secretary, ABA Section of State and Local Government Law Young Lawyers Committee
- Invited Fellow, Travis County Women Lawyers’ Foundation
- Advisory Council Member, Texas Conference for Women
- Member, Young Women’s Alliance
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2009
- Senior Notes Editor, The Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- B.A., English, summa cum laude with Honors in the College of Arts & Science, Vanderbilt University, 2006
Admissions : Texas, 2009
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$