Lauren Grochow helps clients navigate complex business litigation matters. Bolstered by a thorough understanding of her clients’ businesses, she employs early case assessment to identify the clearest paths to obtaining clients’ desired outcomes, whether in or out of court.
Lauren has represented clients in a diverse range of litigation matters that include shareholder derivative suits, corporate governance, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
Her clients hail from a variety of industries, including aerospace, food and beverage, entertainment, healthcare, and real estate. Her practice places particular emphasis on pretrial motions.
Lauren is dedicated to understanding her clients’ businesses, which allows her to strategically navigate the early stages of litigation, working either to obtain the complete dismissal of charges against her clients or to significantly increase their prospects of success at trial.
An active pro bono attorney, Lauren has partnered with the Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice to successfully represent a victim of domestic violence seeking a restraining order from her abuser.
She also maintains ongoing involvement with the International Refugee Assistance Program, supervising local law students in their representation of victims of terrorism, violence and displacement in their efforts to safely relocate.
Representative Matters :
- Representing an investor in bringing a major film fraud and money laundering suit.
- Represented a popular magazine publisher in an employment dispute involving the rarely referenced California Independent Wholesale Sales Representatives Contractual Relations Act.
- Successfully defended the owner of a coffee distributor against a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Serving as counsel for an aerospace company in a multimillion-dollar fraud and breach-of-contract lawsuit involving complex legal issues and highly technical facts.
- Represented a real estate investor in a corporate governance and management dispute.
- Obtained full dismissal of a shareholder derivative lawsuit based on off-label marketing claims against a pharmaceutical company.
- Secured full dismissal of a post-merger shareholder derivative suit against a pharmaceutical company.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of a case for a disabled veteran against his former landlord who had discriminated against the veteran and sued him for exorbitant fees.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Board Member, Legal Aid Society of Orange County and Community Legal Services of Southeast Los Angeles County
- Associate Board Member, Project Youth, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Member, Alumni Board, Chapman University Fowler School of Law
- Chapman University Fowler School of Law, J.D., 2013
- California State University at Fullerton, B.B.A., 2008
- Saddleback College, A.B.A., 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$$