Ms. Lauren James-Weir provides litigation counseling primarily in the areas of First Amendment and media law. She represents news organizations as well as non-media clients in matters involving free speech; defamation; invasion of privacy; access to records under New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act and the Freedom of Information Act; the Reporter’s Shield Law; access to courtrooms; cameras in the courtroom; and legislative initiatives impacting the media.
Ms. James-Weir serves as co-counsel to the New Jersey Press Association and works closely with numerous news organizations and newspapers throughout the tristate area on a variety of legal issues affecting the media.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D.)
- Rutgers University (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Media Law Committee, 2018-2019
- Supreme Court Bench Bar Media Subcommittee
Rate : $$$