Lauren Helen Leyden regularly leads the labor and employment components of transactional and restructuring engagements, and advising clients on the acquisition and structuring of labor, including:
- Evaluation of workforces
- Traditional labor
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Transfer, hiring or firing of workers on the buy and sell side.
She represents a significant number of financial services clients in:
- Restructuring and transaction matters
- Employment disputes
- Restrictive covenant matters
- Employment contract negotiations
- Employee terminations.
Lauren advises clients on best employment practices under federal, state and local law, including regularly providing clients with
antiharassment and antidiscrimination training and counseling.In addition, Lauren’s diverse practice includes litigating employment disputes in federal and state courts and before various government agencies.
She defends class and individual claims alleging employment discrimination, retaliation, workplace harassment, and wage and hour violations.Lauren also defends class actions alleging breach of fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction claims under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. She has experience in advising and representing employers in union representation matters, collective bargaining, arbitrations and unfair labor practice proceedings.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2005
- B.A., University of Chicago, 2002
- New York
Rate : $$$