Lauren M. Loew is a partner and litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and a member of the Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice and Automotive Industry Team. Ms. Loew represents clients on matters including class action defense, products liability defense, commercial contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty and non-compete cases, supply chain management, and post-acquisition disputes.
Ms. Loew represents clients in state and federal courts and arbitrations around the country. She is co-editor of Dashboard Insights, the Automotive Industry Team blog.
Ms. Loew assists clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters, including:
- Defending manufacturing clients in multiple consumer class action matters, including in pending automotive class actions
- Representing and counseling clients in the automotive and manufacturing industries, including supply chain management, products liability claims, and contract enforcement
- Obtaining injunctive relief, including obtaining a temporary restraining order on behalf of Tier 1 automotive supplier against its customer OEM compelling the OEM to conduct an emissions related recall
- Enforcing confidentiality and non-compete agreements and trade secret misappropriation, including obtaining a temporary restraining order against a former employee who retained confidential materials after departure from a client
- Representing both plaintiffs and defendants in breach of fiduciary duty cases, including actions against former employees, attorneys, and business partners
- Litigating disputes relating to business acquisitions, such as post-acquisition working capital, purchase price and earnout cases in arbitration and court proceedings, including obtaining a multi-million award for a client in a post transaction working capital adjustment arbitration
- Assisting clients in bankruptcy matters and defending clients in adversary proceedings
A graduate of the Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2007), Ms. Loew was articles editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law, recipient of the Junius L. Allison Legal Aid Award and the Philip G. Davidson Memorial Award, and founder of the Vanderbilt University Law School Street Law Program.
She received her bachelor’s degree, with high distinction, from Indiana University (B.S. in biochemistry, B.A. in Spanish, 2004), where she was a Herman B. Wells Scholar.
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Ms. Loew is admitted to practice in Illinois, before the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar) and the Central District of Illinois, and before the Sixth and Seventh Circuits Court of Appeals.
She is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
Rate : $$$