Lauren P. Lyster focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, regulatory enforcement and white collar defense, assisting individuals and corporations with federal regulatory investigations and compliance matters in the financial industry. Lauren is able to analyze complex facts and provide thorough analyses while assisting clients.
- Member of team that represented a Fortune 500 company in an SEC investigation related to whistleblower retaliation and underlying claims of corporate misconduct. The SEC ultimately closed their investigation finding no violations.
- Member of a team representing John J. Carney as Examiner in the bankruptcy case In re Firestar Diamond, et al. where the Examiner was tasked with investigating allegations of an international bank fraud involving the sale of diamonds.
- Represents the former General Counsel of a technology company in an SEC investigation into whistleblower retaliation and allegations of accounting fraud.
- Represented a financial adviser in a FINRA investigation involving suitability issues. Prepared a witness for FINRA on-the-record testimony.
- Member of a team that represents an individual involved in the private equities market against an investigation by the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) alleging accounting and securities fraud in connection with a multimillion-dollar fee charged over a seven-year period.
- Representing a financial adviser in a FINRA arbitration brought by foreign investors regarding suitability of investments.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2015; magna cum laude; Associate Managing Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, & Commercial Law; Barry Zaretsky Fellow
- B.A., Government Law and History, Lafayette College, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New Jersey
Rate : $$$