Lauren Suzanne Novak is partner of Schiff Hardin LLP. With experience both in private practice and as in-house counsel for a labor union, Lauren has the unique ability to see both sides of a case.
Her labor and employment practice includes representing management on issues related to collective bargaining, employee disciplines, wage and hour matters, internal investigations, and leave of absence.
Clients facing litigation turn to Lauren for her insights in handling labor arbitrations and matters before the NLRB, EEOC, and other state and federal agencies, as well as her experience successfully resolving discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims.
Lauren has advised clients across a diverse range of industries, including food and beverage, automotive, construction, gaming, manufacturing, outsourcing, and education.
She is an active Executive Committee member of the Chicago Bar Association Alliance for Women.
- Played critical role in defending global electronics products company against claims filed by a former female sales executive who filed multiple internal complaints, agency charges and an arbitration demand alleging sex discrimination and retaliation. After a six-day arbitration hearing, a final award was issued in favor of the client.
- Represented employers in dozens of labor arbitrations.
- Obtained dismissal of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation lawsuits filed in federal and state court.
- Lead negotiator in numerous collective bargaining negotiations.
- Defended employers in litigation brought by union pension funds seeking collection of unpaid pension contributions.
- Counsel to in-house attorneys and human resources executives on policies and procedures, non-compete agreements, hiring and terminations, reductions in force, employment contracts, settlement agreement, and severance matters.
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2007
- George Washington University, B.A., 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association, Alliance for Women, Executive Committee Member
Rate : $$$