Lauren B. Pryor is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement practice and co-lead of the Financial Institutions M&A group. Lauren focuses her practice on counseling clients in M&A, corporate and business transactional matters in the financial services industry, including advising publicly held and private companies involved in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and transfers of assets, including mortgage servicing rights and whole loan sales.
Lauren has experience negotiating and drafting bulk and flow mortgage servicing rights purchase and sale agreements (including in connection with the Ginnie Mae PIIT program), whole loan sale agreements for performing and non-performing assets, correspondent agreements and servicing arrangements.
Lauren has counseled clients in complex stock and asset-based transactions, joint ventures, financings, entity formation and business planning across industry sectors, including mortgage companies, loan servicers, banks, hedge funds and technology firms.
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD, cum laude
- Connecticut College, BA, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Represented Stearns Ventures in connection with its equity investment in Citywide Home Loans, a mortgage originator.
- Represents Cornerstone Mortgage in the sale of its origination platform and mortgage servicing rights portfolio to Guild Mortgage
- Represented Bayview Loan Servicing in connection with its acquisition of certain mortgage loan origination assets from Homeward Residential, an affiliate of Ocwen Loan Servicing.
- Represented a banking institution in connection with flow purchases of commercial loans from a fintech lender.
- Represents Lakeview Loan Servicing in the purchase from PHH Mortgage Corporation of servicing rights related to residential mortgage loans backing securities guaranteed by Ginnie Mae with aggregate balances in excess of $14 billion.
- Represented Bayview and Lakeview in coordinated series of servicing rights purchases from national banks and various originators.*
- Represented mortgage originator in its purchase of substantially all of the business assets and certain pipeline loans from a regional mortgage company.
- Represented the seller of a servicing platform and assets of a mortgage servicing company.*
- Represented sellers and purchasers in connection with acquisitions and divestures of privately held companies and business assets across various industries.*
Rate : $$$$