Lauren Ulrich Baker assists clients in enforcing their intellectual property rights in federal courts and before administrative agencies. She also helps clients who have been accused of violating the intellectual property rights of others.
Lauren helps businesses with large and small intellectual property portfolios navigate the complex legal issues surrounding the procurement and enforcement of patents, trademarks and copyrights.
She assists clients in proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and in proceedings before district courts across the country.
Further, Lauren helps clients seeking to appeal district court and PTAB proceedings to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. She helps clients through all stages of litigation, including drafting the complaint, engaging in discovery and motions practice, taking and defending depositions, and representing clients in hearings.
Lauren has experience representing and defending a variety of businesses in technical fields, including electrical and mechanical companies, software companies, and pharmaceutical companies, in infringement and PTO proceedings.
In her pro bono work, Lauren represents low-income grandparents and relatives in adoption proceedings.
Representative Matters :
- Secured summary affirmance for a data company in a Federal Circuit appeal of a patent infringement suit.
- Representing an artificial Christmas tree manufacturer in patent infringement and patent validity actions in district court and PTAB proceedings.
- Counseling a flooring manufacturer in patent infringement suits.
- Representing an international association in a trademark infringement suit.
Professional and Community Involvement : Service Council, Atlanta Legal Aid Society
Professional Experience :
- Extern, U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Northern District of Georgia, 2015-2016
- Extern, Emory University Office of Technology Transfer, 2015
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., high honors, 2016, Editor-in-Chief, Emory International Law Review
- Johns Hopkins University, M.S.P.H., 2013
- Auburn University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2011
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$