Lauren R. Weinberg represents clients in a range of litigation matters, including complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts, white collar criminal defense, and internal corporate investigations.
She also advises clients regarding compliance in state and federal administrative and regulatory matters and represents clients before state and federal administrative agencies and authorities.
While in law school, Lauren was an articles editor of the Washington University Law Review, as well as a board member of the Wiley Rutledge Moot Court Competition. As a member of the law school’s Appellate Clinic, Lauren served as a student attorney and obtained a writ of habeas corpus from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit on behalf of an indigent client.
Her note “Reading the Tea Leaves: The Supreme Court and the Future of Coalition Districts Under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act” was published in the Washington University Law Review.
- Represents corporations and individuals in connection with investigations and prosecutions by the district attorney of New York County.
- Assisting in the investigation and prosecution of an attorney disciplinary complaint in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representing an international company in negotiations with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
- Member of the trial team that defended an international printing client against breach of contract claims before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Currently working on a variety of litigation matters in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as counsel to the court-appointed Trustee under the Securities Investor Protection Act in the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2014, cum laude; Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award (2012)
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2008, with distinction
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, New York.
Rate : $$$