Laurence S. Markowitz is the former Business Group coordinator for BakerHostetler’s New York office and has been advising and providing a broad range of legal services to public and private enterprises, both domestic and offshore, for more than 30 years, with a particular focus on investment management clients.
His clients have included numerous investment advisers and hedge, private equity and real estate funds; web-based companies; advertising representative firms; optical and technology companies; real estate developers and finance companies; a business development company; numerous private investors; and a state investment entity.
His international clients include companies in France, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Brazil and the Bahamas. Larry has extensive experience in the formation and operation of limited liability companies for entrepreneurs and joint ventures, and for several years presented a CLE lecture in this area for the New York City Lawyers Association. He also has extensive experience in financings, including real estate financings.
- Advises clients regarding investments, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate restructurings, private placements, securities law compliance, corporate governance, intellectual property protection and employment matters.
- Has structured and formed a variety of domestic and foreign investment limited partnerships, hedge funds, and private equity and real estate funds, and has assisted with their legal compliance, trading and M&A transactions.
- Counsels various private investors with regard to fund investments internationally.
- Represents a leading global private equity fund solicitation firm.
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1977,
- B.A., History and English, Hofstra University, 1974, magna cum laude,Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1977
- New York, 1977
Rate : $$$