Laurence M. Moss is a Partner in the Firm’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Practice, where he counsels companies in connection with the employee benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, with an emphasis on leverage buyout transactions.
Larry also regularly advises companies and high net-worth individuals on the design, negotiation and implementation of employment and separation arrangements, equity-based compensation plans and non-qualified retirement programs (including deferred compensation arrangements). In 2018, Larry was named a “BTI Client Service All-Star,” among a select group of attorneys nominated by corporate counsel for “delivering the absolute best client service.”
Selected transactions include the representation of:
- The management team at Octagon Credit Investors, LLC in connection with employment, compensation, and equity arrangements of the management team related to Octagon Credit Investors, LLC’s acquisition by Conning
- Dell Inc. and Silver Lake Partners in connection with the acquisition of EMC Corporation with an announced value of $67 billion
- Vista Equity Partners in connection with its $6.5 billion acquisition of Solera Holdings, Inc.
- Pamplona Capital Management in connection with its $2.7 billion acquisition of MedAssets
- Glimcher Realty Trust in connection with its $4.3 billion acquisition by Washington Prime Group Inc.
- The Phoenix Companies, Inc. in connection with its approx. $217 million sale to Nassau Reinsurance Group Holdings, L.P.
- Daiichi Sankyo Company, Ltd. In connection with its acquisition of Ambit Biosciences
Larry practiced at Simpson Thacher from 1997 to 2005 and prior to returning to the Firm, he was a partner in the New York office of Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP. He received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law and his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. Larry received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree in Accounting from Bucknell University. He also received a Certified Public Accountancy License.
- New York University School of Law, 1999 LL.M. (Taxation)
- Brooklyn Law School, 1996 J.D.
- Bucknell University, 1990 BSBA (Accounting); Certified Public Accountancy License
Admissions : New York 1997
Rate : $$$$