Laurence H. Posorske, PhD’s practice focuses on the representation of technology-based companies of all sizes. Larry’s practice focuses on representation of technology-based companies of all sizes in matters relating to patents and technology licenses, and strategic counseling on structure and enforcement of intellectual property portfolios.
He has legal and patent experience with novel proteins and recombinant DNA; monoclonal antibodies, novel organisms, including transgenic animals, gene therapy, genomics, hormonal and other cellular control mechanisms; biopharmaceuticals; antimicrobial and cancer therapeutics; imaging and diagnostics, including immunoassays, medical devices, plant cell and microbial fermentation methods and equipment; inorganic pigments; metal casting; papermaking; industrial sanitation; and environmental controls. In addition, Larry has significant research experience in the fields of enzymology, biotechnology, food processing, papermaking, and biomass-to-energy conversion, as an industrial research scientist.
- Prepare and prosecute domestic and international patent applications, including re-examination, interference and appeals.
- Oppose and defend over 25 patent Oppositions before five different jurisdictions, including the European, Japanese and Korean Patent Offices.
- Draft and negotiate patent and technology licenses and joint development agreements for medical devices, diagnostic techniques and nutritional products.
- Provide Patentability, Patent Validity and Infringement Opinions.
- Portfolio analysis for investment purposes, representing venture capitalist investors, as well as target companies.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1992
- PhD, Cornell University, Major: Biochemistry; Minor: Physical Chemistry, 1976
- BA, Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Honors Degree, 1970
- District of Columbia
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, Institute of Food Technologists
- Member, Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
Rate : $$$