Laurence Hughes conducts a broad-based corporate law practice. Mr. Hughes regularly counsels clients in the areas of commercial finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities offerings, as well as with respect to various other general corporate and commercial transactions and matters. He has served as in-house general counsel for advanced manufacturing technology, energy and service companies.
- Represented Voxx International Corporation and a majority of its U.S. and foreign subsidiaries in a $155 million syndicated, secured, asset-based loan facility extended by Wells Fargo, Citibank, Key Bank and HSBC.
- Represented a specialty food importer and certain of its affiliates in a $250 million syndicated, secured revolving credit facility (which included a $50 million accordion feature) extended by Citibank, TD Bank and certain other lenders.
- Represented Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. (NYSE: DO) in the $1 billion public offering of its senior notes.
- Represented Hill International Inc., a global leader in managing construction risk, in a $165 million debt refinancing transaction.
- Represented a state power organization in certain municipal finance matters.
- Represented the agent and lead lender in a syndicate of eight financial institutions providing a $250 million multicurrency revolving credit facility to a publicly-held distributor of healthcare products and services.
- Represented the purchaser (an affiliate of a Middle Eastern government) in the acquisition of a major hotel in Bermuda. The terms and timing of the transaction’s consummation were structured to comport with Bermudian laws restricting foreign ownership.
- Represented the senior lender in a secured credit facility extended to a well-known entertainment industry company and in the restructuring and intercreditor aspects relating to the borrower’s mezzanine debt investor/lender (a well-known investment company).
Admissions : New York
Professional Activities : New York State Bar Association
Board Memberships : Center for Human Options, Inc.
Rate : $$$$