Laurie Goon practices in the area of litigation with a concentration on complex commercial and business litigation, construction litigation, products liability and product compliance. Ms. Goon has experience representing financial institutions in lender liability actions, creditor rights claims, and commercial foreclosures.
Ms. Goon also has experience advising clients on the regulation of consumer products by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Ms. Goon has counseled clients in product recalls and reporting obligations under the laws enforced by the CPSC. Ms. Goon has also counseled clients on product labeling compliance and the marketing of cosmetics.
- Successfully removed a quiet title action brought by two borrowers against the mortgage lender and loan servicer to federal court. Following removal, obtained an order from the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland granting motion to dismiss with prejudice, and dismissing in its entirety, claims of fraud and violation of the Maryland Consumer Debt Collection Act.
- Obtained an order dismissing an amended complaint with prejudice in a bankruptcy adversary proceeding in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland, which arose when our client filed secured proofs of claims in the plaintiff’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Won appeal for TD Bank in United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. The appeal upheld a prior victory in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland dismissing plaintiffs’ claims for fraud concerning mortgage foreclosure and garnishment against twenty-two financial institutions and executive defendants. The District Court dismissed plaintiffs’ claims in the entirety for lack of subject matter jurisdiction and then denied motions for reconsideration and to reopen.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Gettysburg College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2007
- J. Dudley Digges Chapter, American Inns of Court
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
Rate : $$$$