Lawrence I. Bailey is a transactional attorney who currently focuses his practice on health care private equity deals. Larry has extensive prior experience representing non-profit health care entities and academic medical centers, which gives him industry-wide perspective and knowledge as to the issues facing all players in the health care transactional space.
He has represented clients in joint ventures, asset sales and purchases, entity sales and purchases, long-term leases, spinoffs, corporate governance and contract negotiations. He is an experienced drafter of contracts and other transactional documents and has extensively participated in the negotiation of difficult and complex matters.
Larry’s previous legal employment focused on private equity work in other industries outside of health care. He attended Northwestern University School of Law, where he earned dean’s list honors several times and was student body vice president during his 3L year.
- Represented a major municipal hospital management entity in its long-term lease/de facto sale of a large hospital asset and a formation of new joint venture entity.
- Represented a major academic medical center and hospital operator in a first-of-its-kind spinoff of hospital practice assets from the affiliated university.
- Represented numerous health care entities, both non-profit and for-profit, in formation of joint ventures and other business combinations.
- Represented numerous private equity clients in both buy-side and sell-side transactions in multiple international jurisdictions.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD, Dean’s List, Senior Articles Editor (2010-2011), Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, 2011
- University of Notre Dame, BA, Economics and Policy Studies, magna cum laude, 2006
Admissions : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$