Lawrence P. Block is a partner in Reed Smith’s Global Regulatory Enforcement Practice Group. He has significant experience in government contract consultation and litigation. Larry assists buyers and sellers throughout the M&A process, including government contracts due diligence, novations, and post-sale compliance.
He represents large and small contractors, 8(a) contractors, not-for profit organizations, and individuals in government contract matters related to federal and state agencies.
Larry has litigated pre-award and post-award government contract matters before Boards of Contract Appeals, the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the Court of Federal Claims, SBA Office of Hearing and Appeals, state courts, and federal district courts.
Larry consults on a daily basis with contractors on administrative and performance issues relating to government contracts, including the applicability of federal procurement regulations, evaluations of solicitations, drafting bids, joint venture and teaming agreements, disputes, claims, requests for equitable adjustment, use of subcontractors, size appeals, assisting with DCAA audits, defense of debarment/suspensions, and fulfillment of minority subcontracting requirements.
Larry also maintains a business litigation practice that requires him to regularly appear in state and federal courts in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia.
- George Washington University Law School, 1995, J.D.
- Connecticut College, 1991, B.A., American History and Political Science
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – District of Virginia
- Court of Federal Claims
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section and Litigation Section
- Court of Federal Claims Bar
- D.C. Bar Government Contracts and Litigation Section
- Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association
- Crohns and Colitis Foundation
- Represented bidder and eventual awardee on an NAICS Code protest at the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals and subsequent GAO bid protest for a $900 million Air Force intelligence contract.
- Represented State Department contractor at Court of Federal Claims to successfully overturn a “severely flawed” $17 million award contract involving issues of past performance, disparate treatment, and improper cost/technical trade-offs.
- Represented not-for-profit organization in successful bid protest at the D.C. Contract Appeals Board involving youth services.
- Represented defense contractor in successfully defending and prosecuting separate bid protests at the GAO and Court of Federal Claims resulting in an award of a contract in excess of $100 million to our client and a sole source award in excess of $25 million.
- Represented VA contractor at Court of Federal Claims in successfully challenging contracting officer’s decision to move requirements to AbilityOne Procurement List.
Rate : $$$