Lawrence H. Cooke focuses on complex civil litigation, including product liability, bankruptcy, securities, construction disputes, intellectual property, and other commercial matters in federal and state courts.
Lawrence has represented several clients in jury trials, including defendants in pharmaceutical product liability matters and international building technology company. He has also represented companies, directors, and officers in a number of high-profile and complex securities class actions and related criminal proceedings.
In connection with several high-profile product liability litigations, Lawrence has assisted with management of national litigation, including coordination and oversight of local and regional counsel.
Another significant part of his practice is representing professional services firms in connection with non-party discovery, including subpoenas for documents and depositions.
- Representing pharmaceutical company in an MDL and consolidated state court litigation involving proton pump inhibitor drugs
- Defended an individualized mentoring program in arbitration where claimants were seeking return of fees upon completion of the program. The matter was dismissed prior to any exchange of discovery or hearing
- Represented an accounting firm in litigation alleging liability related to activities of an employee outside of his work responsibilities
- Represented Takeda Pharmaceuticals in the Actos litigation; served as trial counsel in a case tried to verdict; prepared expert witnesses for trial; took and defended expert witness depositions
- Represented an international business and technology services company in litigation related to a significant technology implementation project
- Represents a real estate company and its principals in a U.S. Bankruptcy Court adversary proceeding asserting breach of contract and bankruptcy claims
- Represents pharmaceutical and medical device companies in product liability litigation arising from medical devices
- Previously represented the manufacturer of various childhood vaccines in nationwide product liability litigation.
- J.D. Georgetown University Law Center 1991
- A.B. Georgetown University 1988
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
Professional Memberships :
- Member, New York City Bar Association, Judiciary Committee, 2017 – 2020
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$