Lawrence (Larry) Finder has extensive experience in government investigations, corporate compliance counseling, federal grand jury, trial practice, internal investigations and business crimes. He became US Attorney for the Southern District of Texas in February 1993.
Larry’s reputation as one of the top attorneys in his field is bolstered by his oft-cited studies on deferred prosecution agreements and non-prosecution agreements. He has also been recognized as one of the top FCPA lawyers working outside of Washington, DC by prestigious insider news organizations, including Main Justice.
Larry is committed to public service outside of his law practice. He has chaired the Harris County Public Defender Board of Directors, and was selected for a three-year appointment (from 2009 to 2014) to the Practitioners Advisory Group (PAG), a standing advisory group of the United States Sentencing Commission.
He currently holds an appointment on the Board of Trustees for the Harris County Hospital District (he previously served from 1995-2003, and chaired from 1999-2003). He has also served on the board of trustees for Crime Stoppers Houston (2007 to 2009), and on the board of trustees and executive committee for The Council on Alcohol and Drugs Houston (from 2004 to 2006).
Larry focuses his practice on government civil investigations and US criminal investigations and prosecutions. He is also experienced in white-collar criminal defense, internal corporate investigations, and financial crisis advisory and litigation.
He also handles matters relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, SEC enforcement, and the False Claims Act/Qui Tam. Larry also advises on antitrust, environmental crimes, and healthcare fraud and abuse matters.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (JD) (1976)
- Northern Illinois University (BA cum laude) (1973)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (1987)
- Colorado Supreme Court (inactive)~United States (1986)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (1985)
- New York~United States (1984)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)~United States (1983)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Criminal Justice Section
- National Association of Former U.S. Attorneys – Member
- Houston Bar Association – Member
Rate : $$$