Both a seasoned trial lawyer with experience in all phases of litigation, including jury trials and appeals, and a patent attorney registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Lawrence K. DeMeo advises clients in all aspects of intellectual property law, from procurement through trial.
As a patent litigator, Larry has represented clients in matters involving telecommunications networks and software systems, in various federal district courts and in multi-district litigation. He has also successfully handled inter partes reexaminations before the USPTO, strategically facilitating settlement of patent infringement matters.
A litigator with broad courtroom experience, Larry has also represented clients in licensing disputes, employment discrimination and wrongful termination matters, family law matters and criminal cases.
As a patent prosecutor, Larry has prepared and prosecuted patent and trademark applications for clients ranging from emerging startups to Fortune 500 companies. He has also advised those clients in all aspects of IP strategy including patentability, freedom to operate, and infringement and invalidity opinions, and he has handled ex parte reexamination proceedings at the USPTO.
Larry’s technical background includes a degree in biochemistry from Boston College and several years’ experience as a research scientist with a molecular pharmacology laboratory at the New England Medical Center. There, he conducted molecular biology, genetic analysis and biochemical assays while studying the interaction between cellular receptors and peptides.
- Representation of a telecommunications services company in ongoing patent infringement litigation in the Eastern District of Virginia, Northern District of Georgia, District of Delaware, and in a multi-district litigation matter in the District of Delaware.
- Representation of an international medical device manufacturer in ongoing patent infringement action.
- Representation of a leading manufacturer of protective adhesive films for electronic devices in patent infringement litigations in the District of Utah and the Central District of California.
- JD, New England School of Law, magna cum laude, 2003
- BS, Boston College, 1996
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$$