Lawrence C. Eppley is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group and Office Managing Partner of the firm’s Chicago office. He is also Team Leader of the firm’s Hospitality team. Mr. Eppley concentrates his practice in acquisition, real estate finance, development, public and private finance, joint ventures and raising equity particularly in the hospitality sector.
He was general counsel to Potbelly Sandwich Works, one of Chicago’s fastest growing companies, and his clients rely on him as their principal outside legal counsel. He has considerable experience with middle market and emerging growth companies, including those in the hospitality and restaurant sectors, and with structured and institutional finance.
Mr. Eppley was named as one of Law360’s Hospitality MVPs in both 2013 and 2016 for his extensive work in major transactions geared towards hotel development.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 1985, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of Illinois, 1982, with high honors
- Master of Accounting Science, University of Illinois, 1982
- Passed Certified Public Accountant Exam, 1982
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Represent clients in connection with the acquisition, development and financing of hotel projects throughout the United States.
- Represent foreign investors in connection with U.S. real estate assets.
- Represent emerging growth restaurant companies.
- Represent major financial service institutions in connection with real estate financings.
- Served as General Counsel of Potbelly Sandwich Works.
- Advisory Board, University of Illinois at Chicago’s Leadership, 2018
- Board of Directors, Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center/1871, a not-for-profit that provides programming and services for entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Member, Economic Club of Chicago, 2014 – present
- Member, City Club of Chicago, 2015 – present
- Member, Governing Board of Trustees, University of Illinois, 2001 – 2009
- Chairman, University of Illinois, 2003 – 2008
Rate : $$$$