Lawrence J. Fey is a Partner in the Firm’s Chicago office where he concentrates his practice in the area of real estate law. Lawrence has over 30 years experience representing both landlords and tenants in complex office, retail and industrial leases both locally and on the national level.
He also represents institutional property owners in the acquisition, sale and financing of office buildings, industrial buildings, shopping centers, and multi-family properties and represents developers of shopping centers with respect to land acquisition, financing and leasing.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of national drug store chain in the development of over 100 drug store locations throughout the Midwest, including acquisitions, ground leases and entitlement matters
- Representation of major real estate company since 2002 in connection with its nationwide office leasing program covering, over time, 80 separate buildings
- Representation of several institutional property owners in the leasing and related ownership issues for multiple office buildings in suburban Chicago
- Representation of national financial services company, as tenant, in numerous leases including 193,000 square foot build-to-suit office lease; various warehouse leases for 117,000 square feet, 87,000 square feet and 77,000 square feet; and various office leases for 176,000 square feet, 78,000 square feet, 62,000 square feet and 60,000 square feet
- Representation of real estate developer in the development and disposition of a shopping center in suburban Chicago including all aspects of land acquisition, financing, reciprocal easements, and leasing and disposition
- Representation of quasi-federal bank, as tenant and sub-subtenant, in connection with a leasing and sub-subleasing of 63,000 square feet of office space in a major downtown Chicago office building, including negotiation of various consents and recognition agreements with the building owner, the sub-landlord and the sub-sublandlord
Professional Affiliations : Member, American Bar Association
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1979
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$